Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stuck in a rut?

What am I going to wear today?  How many times a week do you ask yourself that question, while staring hopelessly at your wardrobe?


I worked with a great client yesterday.  Her style is casual, jeans, t-shirts, tanks.  And she had a lot of it!  She also had a ton of color, with a great mix of prints and solids.  As we went through her closet, we realized that she really didn't need to buy too much at all (her husband was happy with that news, I'm sure!). 


But, like many of us, she wears the same few outfits.  She was frustrated that she had, what she felt was, a ton of clothes and yet would ask herself everyday "What am I going to wear?"


So, we came up with a fun and creative way for her (or you!!!) to get out of the rut, start thinking of new outfits, and actually wear those great clothes.


For one month,  just one month, she can only wear each outfit one time.  This only applies to her tops.  Here is what she is going to do:
1.  Pick out the outfit for the day, trying to wear it in just a little bit different way than usual.  Add a scarf, wear a different necklace, pair with different jeans.


2.  After laundry that week, she will hang everything she wore in a different section of her closet.  


How does this help?  My whole job is based on looking at someone's wardrobe with a different eye.  Well, this will force her (and you!!) to do the same thing.  You will be amazed at how it gets you to start thinking outside the box with your own wardrobe.  I told her to be creative, put together things that she normally wouldn't think of.  Try it!!  You will love all the new looks you put together!


Here's a sneak peek at some of the fun stuff we put together for her:









7 comments:

  1. Her clothes look so much more fun than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grammy - I bet if you take a "different" look at your wardrobe, you can find some great stuff!! And, if you want to buy a few things, get some inexpensive basics in bright colors to add to what you already have! T-shirts, scarves (I have some great ones in my store! hint hint lol) jewelry, etc. It's easy to brighten it up!

      Delete
  2. I want to do step #1 and wear some of my clothes different. Thanks for the post! I'm a new follower from a blog hop and would love if you followed me at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be right over! Definitely give it a try. I am even going to do it. If nothing else, it will really help show me what I don't wear anymore and I can clean out my closet at the end of it!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea. I will definitely try it. I would love to have you come by and link up this post at the Creative Corner Hop. The linky party begins every Monday and stay open all week.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great idea!! I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a dime. I hope to see you next Tuesday. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the insperation, now need to re-look in my closet. Stopping by from the Creative Corner Blog Hop. Now following on GFC.

    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete