What am I going to wear today? How many times a week do you ask yourself that question, while staring hopelessly at your wardrobe?
I worked with a great client yesterday. Her style is casual, jeans, t-shirts, tanks. And she had a lot of it! She also had a ton of color, with a great mix of prints and solids. As we went through her closet, we realized that she really didn't need to buy too much at all (her husband was happy with that news, I'm sure!).
But, like many of us, she wears the same few outfits. She was frustrated that she had, what she felt was, a ton of clothes and yet would ask herself everyday "What am I going to wear?"
So, we came up with a fun and creative way for her (or you!!!) to get out of the rut, start thinking of new outfits, and actually wear those great clothes.
For one month, just one month, she can only wear each outfit one time. This only applies to her tops. Here is what she is going to do:
1. Pick out the outfit for the day, trying to wear it in just a little bit different way than usual. Add a scarf, wear a different necklace, pair with different jeans.
2. After laundry that week, she will hang everything she wore in a different section of her closet.
How does this help? My whole job is based on looking at someone's wardrobe with a different eye. Well, this will force her (and you!!) to do the same thing. You will be amazed at how it gets you to start thinking outside the box with your own wardrobe. I told her to be creative, put together things that she normally wouldn't think of. Try it!! You will love all the new looks you put together!
Here's a sneak peek at some of the fun stuff we put together for her:
Monday, May 7, 2012
I know. Don't you hate it when someone creates a blog, does a few posts and then goes MIA?? Me too!! So, I apologize to everyone for going MIA. But, it was all for a good cause!
I hosted my first Style U by Casey Scarf Show. Yay me! Now, we have all heard of the Home Shows. Our moms went to Tupperware, we do Pampered Chef and Stella & Dot. The parties are so fun. There is usually food, wine and good friends.
My best blogger buddy and business inspiration, Hilani of www.hilanimade.com, decided we should pool our resources and have our own home show.
Here is the recipe for a successful home show:
1. Invite every single person you know. Dig deep. Dance classes, school, gym, old friends you haven't seen, nice friends, crazy friends, dog park friends. Don't limit yourself. Women love parties!! And they especially love parties with hand-made gifts and yummy food!
(these are my best buddies (photo taken at an 80's party). See, invite EVERYONE!! Even the crazy ones!)
2. Have plenty of inventory (hence the reason I have been MIA!!). Also have Special Order forms. And the best piece of advice from business guru, Hilani, have customers pay up front for special orders. Second best piece of advice from Hilani, get a Square Up account, www.squareup.com and take credit cards!! Mo' money comin' your way!
3. Have some yummy food. And coffee. And if it is at night, cocktails! Food, food, food! Pinterest was invented for Home Shows!
(this food wasn't really at this party, but it sure was yummy!)
4. Have fun!
Sound easy?? It is! We had so much fun! Here are some display pics to wet your appetite for your own Style U by Casey scarf:
The Derby Scarf (last one available!)
Coral w/ Crazy Stripe
The Derby (I love this scarf!!)
Stay tuned next week for three new products that customers requested. So fun and great to get suggestions and be able to create products for customers. Summer is right around the corner and these new products will fly off the dining room table!